Private Craft Parties
Why not celebrate your creative child’s Birthday or special event with something they will cherish and remember?
A craft party at Oz Wildlife Studio!
The most recent craft party was to celebrate a Birthday and it was a huge success. The Birthday girl got to choose the craft activity and she and her friends decorated wooden shapes which were made into magnets, brooches and keychains.
“It was a small group but it meant so much to me!” the Birthday girl
How it all works
- You book the session via the craft party booking form or by sending an e-mail to Lesley or by telephoning the studio on Mob: 0406 047 308.
- Check the Calendar to make sure there is an available slot on the Saturday or Sunday afternoon of your choice. There will only be one craft party available every Saturday and Sunday afternoon. If for any reason the craft session is not available on a particular Saturday or Sunday, notification will be on the Calendar. If there is not a pink craft party addition or a purple craft session addition already on the Calendar then that day is available for your party. Your booking will appear on the Calendar shortly after you have arranged it and you will receive confirmation via e-mail.
Times for Craft Parties
Saturday and Sunday afternoons for two and a half hours from 2 – 4.30pm.
- Please book at least 14 days in advance of the craft party to allow for organisation of materials.
- Upon booking, a non-refundable deposit of $70 is required. [You may, however, choose a different date, if available, on the Calendar or use it towards another child's craft party.]
- The parent organising the party will be sent an invoice for the total amount of the craft party, minus the initial deposit, which should be paid before the date of the party..
- There must be a minimum of 4 children attending.
- Up to 8 children can be accommodated in the studio for the craft party
I would like to echo the thanks for the party as well. My daughter had a wonderful time, has talked about “blending” constantly since and was up painting at 7am the next morning to experiment with this new technique.
You may choose from a range of craft activities:-
- Painting – decorating small wooden shapes (flowers, Australian animals, dinosaurs, whales, pigs, elephants, rockets, butterflies, vans, flowers) – for magnets, brooches and keychains.
- Painting - decorating wooden plaques which can be for house number plaques,house name plaques, name plaques for bedrooms doors or walls.
- Mosaics – mosaic-ing small wooden shapes (flowers, Australian animals, dinosaurs,
whales, pigs, elephants, rockets, butterflies, vans, flowers – for magnets, brooches and keychains.
- Mosaic Name or House Number Plaque – mosaic-ing an oval MDF cutout which the children will mosaic as a name plaque for their room, family name wall plaque ie. The Evans Family or a house number plaque. There will be set templates for the children to use as we only have 2 hours to complete these.
- Clay Animal Ornaments – using clay which has to be fired professionally afterwards. Firing is only done at the end of every school term and will incur an extra fee of $3.50 per child. This will already be added on to the price for this activity and the clay pieces the children make will need to be collected afterwards.
- Polymer Clay Magnets/Brooches/Small Wall Plaques - making clay fridge magnets/brooches/small wall plaques and hangings using moulds, templates, stamps and acrylic paint. This clay is baked in the microwave and can be taken home on the day!
- Printmaking Cards – the children will be learning how to do printmaking to produce a series of cards and tags with their own designs. We will be printing onto different surfaces and applying various techniques to produce hand-made cards you and your children will be proud to give to family members, friends and relatives. The cards will be printed onto card stock with white envelopes. Totally professional! Matching Gift tags will also be printed with room to write a personal message on the back.
- Scrapbooking – this activity is perfect for recording memories in a unique and fun scrapbook to be treasured for years using old CD roms. We will be using a mixture of the children’s own photographs and memorabilia such as: tickets; old letters; drawings; paintings; pictures from magazines; wrapping paper; Christmas/Birthday cards; anything else the children have that is flat enough to be glued onto the CD Rom can be used plus materials provided such as coloured papers, inking stamps, embellishments, tissue paper, jewels, raffia and more!
- Ideas for scrapbooking The child’s actual Birthday party if the craft class happens after this event, the child’s friends (each CD Rom will represent a friend), a recent holiday or trip, through the years (from a baby ’til now using old photos and memorabilia) the child’s family (each CD Rom will represent a family member), a mixture of all of these etc
My girls loved your craft party!
What happens at the party?
During the two and a half hour session and after the children have all had a chance to meet and settle in, they will be given a demo of the craft techniques and will start creating! After about an hour of craft-making, we will stop for afternoon tea and if we are celebrating a Birthday, the cake will come out with candles on it for the Birthday child to blow out. The other children will sing Happy Birthday and presents may be given out to be opened at this time as well. There will then be more creating and finishing off crafts to take home! (Except clay animals which will require firing and collection at a later date).
Lots of photographs will be taken by Lesley during the party such as the examples you see on this page. Very important for the memories. These photographs will be available for all children and parents to download from a secure site after the party.
Please note that there is no room for parents to stay in the studio during the party and the children can be collected at the end of the session.
Cost of Craft Session is $35.00 per child which includes all art and craft materials, a Birthday cake with candles (white, caramel or chocolate mud cake from Woolies), low joule cordial with filtered water, photography at event and uploading of photos with private link made available to all parents.
If preferred, you may bring along your own food and drinks.